November 3, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
In a special program held Thursday, November 3, at the Geffen Contemporary at MOCA, scientists, artists, activists, creators, thinkers, and leaders come together to discuss the major threats to our oceans and explore ways to synchronize the economic system of humankind with the ecosystem of nature.
- Scott Bolton, principal investigator of NASA’s Juno mission
- Shawn Heinrichs, filmmaker and activist
- Greg Long, big wave surfer
- Doug Aitken, artist and filmmaker
- Philippe Vergne, curator and director of MOCA
- Cyrill Gutsch, founder of Parley (moderator)
This session is part of a series of in-gallery programs focusing on core ideas in the exhibition Doug Aitken: Electric Earth.